Why Healthcare Matters Blog

In this space, the author of the in-development book, Why Healthcare Matters: How Business and Consumerism Are Transforming the Model (www.whyhealthcarematters.com) shares his experiences on the road to publishing. The book will be a guide to progressive business leaders interested in creating real change at their companies by empowering employees toward greater personal responsibility for their health, and better ROI for the health benefit dollar

Monday, June 05, 2006

Thank you, Dan Poyntner!

I must have subscribed to his newsletter many months ago, and like so many others that I once thought important to keep up with, just scan or delete. But last Friday afternoon, I took a closer look at the newsletter from Dan Poynter http://ParaPub.com. Clicking through to his site, I found a free info kit about self-publishing, and in it some self-promotion for his self-published book, Writing Nonfiction. Saturday morning, I walked down to the Lincoln Center Barnes & Noble and picked up a copy. It's a simple read with a lot of really good ideas. I had also realized that I already own his Book Publishing Calendar, so all this has put me on the track to go ahead and take the steps needed to write the book first. Waiting for an agent to appear is (for now) a waste of precious time. I simply need to have the organizational skills, motivation and plan to go ahead and write. Dan provides a good roadmap. I already have a draft cover and three-ring binder going (two of his first "musts"). Now to organize the content and list out the chapters. I'll post the TOC once the draft is done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home